In this post we will be sharing the complete syllabus of Bank PO Exam. So those of you who are preparing for this exam do read this post till the end.
Eligibility Details of Bank PO
Candidate’s age limit should be between 20-30 years. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates belonging to SC and ST category. And for OBC candidates it is 3 years. Further more you should have completed your graduation from a recognized university. These were the eligibility details. So keep them in mind before applying for Bank PO exam.
Bank PO Selection process
Mainly there are 3 phases for the selection.
1. First the candidate has to clear the Prelims exam.
2. If he or she clears Prelims then they are eligible to appear for mains exam.
3. After clearing mains exams, candidate has to go through the final procedure of Group Discussion(GD) and Personal Interview.
Bank PO Exam Syllabus
1. Quantitative Aptitude – Number Systems, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Alligations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Surds & Indices, Time & Distance, Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Sequence & Series, Permutation Combination & Probability, Quadratic Equations, Data Interpretation.
2. Reasoning – Sitting Arrangements, Tabulation, Logical Reasoning, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking / Direction / Alphabet Test, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Non Verbal Reasoning.
3. English language – Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Vocabulary, Multiple Meaning Words, Paragraph Completion and New Pattern Questions of various types.
4. Computers – Number System, History of computers, Hardware, Software, Database (Introduction), Communication (Basic Introduction), Networking (Lan, Wan), Internet (Concept, History, Working Environment, Application), Security Tools, Virus, Hacker, MS Windows & MS Office, Logic Gates.
5. Current Affairs – Banks in NEWS, Economy based current affairs, Business NEWS, Agreements, New Appointments, Visits, Government Schemes, Awards and Honors, Summits, Committees, National and International, Obituaries, Reports and Indexes, Books and Authors, Defense, Sports.
6. Banking awareness – RBI, Function of RBI, Banking Abbreviations, Banking Regulation Act 1949, Policy Rates, Types of Accounts, NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS ACT 1881, BANKING OMBUDSMAN SCHEME 2006, FINANCIAL INCLUSION, PRIORITY SECTOR LENDING, MONEY MARKET INSTRUMENTS, Capital Market.
Bank PO exam syllabus, Bank Probationary Officer exam syllabus, Syllabus details of Bank PO exam, Detailed syllabus of Bank PO exams